2. Using black construction paper, cut out black square units that are the same size for the hat.
3. Arrange your square units to create a snowman.
4. Glue your square units to your colored construction paper and add the eyes, the nose, the arms and the mouth.
5. Find the area of your snowman's snow, and label it on your paper. Snow= 30 square units
6. Find the area of your snowman's hat and label it.
Hat= 6 square units
7. Finally, find the total area of your snowman.
area of the hat + area of the snow = total area of your snowman.
*Be sure to label it on your paper and sign your name.*